Cavallino Issue 237 (June 1, 2020)
Newsstands are closed - buy copies of Cavallino 237 directly from us for $10.00 including shipping in the USA. Overseas shipping will apply.
In this issue:
26 - 250 GTE 2+2 DULY HONORED
Yes, it’s the 60th Anniversary of this underrated but serious Ferrari model. An appreciation by historian and GTE owner Alan Boe.
34 - WHO WAS JOHN EDGAR? PART III
Ferrari owner and entrant in the ‘50s. But who was he? His story remarkable story by the best man possible, his son William Edgar.
49 - WHEN THE BB/LM WAS DEVELOPED
Making a flat-12 street car into a long distance racer was a huge undertaking. All the work here detailed by one of the men involved, Roberto Vaglietti.
61 - 348 tb ZAGATO ELABORAZIONE
Part II of this investigation into this small Zagato series, with a test drive of the prototype, by journalist Natan Tazelaar.
• 6 - ECCO - Our menu of selected items for you in this 237.
• 8 - NOTIZIE - Amelia Island Honors Sergio Scaglietti. Ferraris attending, awards & chassis numbers. Plus, Stirling Moss Remembrance by Arnaud Blanfuney. What might have been with Ferrari.
• 66 - MERCATO - Auction results from Amelia and RM online. An overview of the virus market.
• 72 - ASSISTENZA - Helpful information for you - about us, and your valued subscription.
• 00 - CAVALLINO MODERNO - CORSE - Sorry, none to report.
• COVER - The 250 GTE 2+2, s/n 2713 GT, photographed by Peter Singhof.