Rare Formula Ferrari Sparks Much Interest
Making the rounds is the newly restored F2 Ferrari, s/n 0210, reportedly the last one made, in July of 1952. It was sold to a dealer in Rome, but was not raced until 1955. It had some success with Giorgio Scarlatti in 1955 and 1966, its best finish being 4th in the Naples Grand Prix.
In 1957 it went to Argentina and was raced in the Buenos Aires GP by Alessandro de Tomaso. After that, it stayed in Argentina, and eventually saw its neat little 4-cylinder engine replaced by a Chevy V-8, the engine of choice in South America to replace aging and worn Ferrari engines.
Like many South American Ferraris, it was found and rescued by an Englishman who brought it back to England and had it restored. From there, it saw further restoration at the famous Graypaul Motors, but was finally made complete by DK Engineering. Part of the noted Sherman Wolf collection, it was sold to its current owner in 2013, who had it freshened up by Jim Stranberg at High Mountain Classics.
It made it s first public showing at the 2014 Cavallino Classic, and here is shown at a Cars & Coffee at Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale.
Source: Image from Tony Lauro | hotshoestudios.com